A lot of couples struggle with finding a creative way to pop the question. But you really can't go wrong if you tap your natural resources and zero in on a unique or beautiful location -- and you have a beautiful ring from The Diamond Room to present to the love of your life. Here are 10 of the most popular places to get engaged in South Dakota.
- The Falls: Falls Park provides breathtaking views of the roaring water and idyllic scenery. If you're looking for a way to make your proposal truly thrilling, present your bride-to-be with a stunning ring from our jewelry store. We bet she'll react with even more excitement than when she first sees the falls.
- Spearfish Canyon: The Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway is an adventurer's dream, with its canyon waterfalls and picturesque foliage. This is the perfect place to capture an amazing moment in time -- so why not make it the moment you decide to spend your lives together? Head out on the highway and you'll be sure to return home as an engaged couple.
- Jewel Cave National Monument: This monument is aptly named, as it's a true South Dakota gem. It's the third longest cave in the world, with over 200 miles of passageways. After exploring the caves, you can get down on one knee, present a jewel of your own, and show your sweetheart why she's the most precious thing in your life.
- Mount Rushmore: Although it might not seem like the most romantic place on earth, Mount Rushmore has withstood the test of time. In that sense, it's much like the diamonds we use in our custom engagement rings, most of which tend to be between 1 billion and 3 billion years old. And since your love will also stand the test of time, this presidential monument seems a fitting backdrop for any engagement.
- South Dakota State Fair: The state fair is all about American nostalgia, entertainment, and a whole lot of fun. You can even make a weekend of it and camp out. Whether you choose to pop the question in front of a bunch of spectators or make it a private proposal for just you two, this is a fantastic way to start your new chapter together -- and enjoy some fried fair fare!
- Prairie Berry Winery: If you're into wine tastings and incredible food (and who isn't?), this place has got it all. If you're looking for something classy yet casual, this makes for an excellent proposal setting (or any date night).
- LaFramboise Island Nature Area: This tranquil park along the Missouri River has lush meadows and extraordinary wildlife to offer. After a day of sightseeing, you can top off the perfect day by asking for your partner's hand in marriage -- and placing one of the gorgeous rings from our jewelry store on that hand.
- Devil's Gulch: The name might not sound like the type of place you'd want to bring an expensive ring from a jewelry store, but this location is steeped in history. Legend has it that Jesse James evaded capture by jumping -- on his horse -- over the ravine. You'll take much less of a risk if you decide to propose here, however.
- Storybook Land: If you're the one for whimsy, Storybook Land is a must-see. Nursery rhymes and fairytales come together in this slightly wacky (but truly charming) attraction. You'll feel like you traveled somewhere over the rainbow if you come here -- and you won't even have to click your heels together three times to convince her to say yes when she sees the ring.
- Your Favorite Camping Spot: If you love to camp or fish on Big Stone Lake, Lake Madison, the Missouri River, or any of the national parks South Dakota has to offer, you can't possibly pick a better spot to get engaged. What's better than going camping with your favorite person on earth and making things official?
Once you've purchased the ring at The Diamond Room, you can start thinking about where and how you'll propose. We hope this post has provided some inspiration that will allow your engagement to be truly special.